Sunday 3 September 2017

A Happy Doorkeeper


Better a day in Your courts than a thousand anywhere else. I would rather be at the door of the house of my God than to live in the tents of wicked people.
Psalms 84:10 HCSB

We all have desires. Those desires can take us out of the presence of our God, or closer in. Be they relational, financial or experiential, if God is not there, do we really want them?

Over time I found in myself a sadness or loss. A part of me felt it was missing out. However, when I really evaluated these thoughts or feelings, what relevance were they? What is most important to my life?

I can now honestly say, along with the psalmist, I would rather be a doorkeeper in God's house than anything else. All things, all things are measured against this fact: if my God is not in it or there, I don't want it!

I will spend eternity with my God, in fact forever. Will I be delighting in a close relationship with Him, or forever regretting not knowing Him more?

In all things, I look for Him. Where are You God? If He is there, all is well. If He is missing, why? Where is He? Then, I move. He has to be all, in all, the first and last! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment