'No'

1 John 4:21 (MSG) The command we have from Christ is blunt: Loving God includes loving people. You've got to love both.

Recently I have been the subject of intense hatred by someon very close to me. This hatred was fuelled by offense. I had offended by saying 'No'.

I discovered that saying 'no' can cause huge problems and yet it was right to say no. I therefore own a word that carries great power.

In loving others sometimes we have to stand by our 'no', and honour it and watch the salvation of the Lord.

I had recently completed a Boundaries course and knew conflict was coming but little did I know how great that conflict would be.

Yet as I stand by my 'no' my God goes to work in me, showing me that even if all hell rages against me I can stand because He did.

Sometimes the act of love is perceived as harsh and confrontive but although it is strong medicine it works.

There is a God and he is not me. Vengence belongs to the Lord not me. I can trust Him to move on my behalf and He does. He is great. Amen!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doing to others

No surrender to fear

Guard your heart