Saturday 13 October 2012

He Wraps Himself in Light

He wraps Himself in light as if it were a robe, spreading out the sky like a canopy, laying the beams of His palace on the waters above, making the clouds His chariot, walking on the wings of the winds His messengers, flames of fire His servants. Psalm 104:2-4

Rainbows have ever been a fascination to mankind. The psalmist above sees the rings of the rainbows as God's palace beams.

As a child I had a vivid imagination: water; earth and sky held deep rooms of imagination for me.

When in Brisbane recently I was reminded if how I loved to go swimming in the town, pool as a child, and dive down looking in wonder at the play of light on bubbles under the water. I would pretend I was a mermaid. I watch my granddaughter Chloe go through the same experience.

Children are best able to function with fascination, their eyes open wide in wonder.

At times I have a glimpse of this wonder: when I see a baby; a small animal just born; a countryside fresh after the rain; a beautiful sunrise or sunset.

This psalm is full of wonder. Today I travel again, back down to Albury via Sydney. I am praying for wonder so that I can rejoice in my God.

He is worthy and I need to keep wonder of him in mind. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment