Foolish Behaviour


Don’t let your spirit rush to be angry, for anger abides in the heart of fools.
Ecclesiastes 7:9 HCSB

Verse 8 says:
The end of a matter is better than its beginning; a patient spirit is better than a proud spirit.
Ecclesiastes 7:8 HCSB

I could say yes to this verse, as to the one above. Yesterday I awoke to crushing stress and fear. I went for my walk and praised the Lord. As i prepare to go to Nepal next week, the forests are ablaze, the heat is intense and great grinding machines are chasing me (i should write a novel methinks)

I had staff coming and mother wanting to go visit a relative and I received a message from one who was causing me grief: 'can we meet?' I made a time and proceeded with the mountain of work before me. The young man who had worked for me and was leaving came with a gift, an unexpected gift. I was delighted. What a blessing! I received a fountain pen, a special pen. It was my parting gift. A thank you for believing in me gift. This same young man and I had had angry words some few weeks before. We had mended the relationship and continued on the path of separation.

Back to work and the fire. I had to make a call about a compliance matter. My industry has become so complex and ridiculous that we have to write plans about any little change to a client's portfolio, and of course not charge like wounded Bulls. I was being told such was the case at hand. My response was not very gracious. You might say I am feeling rather foolish.

When I resort to fleshly behaviour I lose. The sad thing also is others lose an opportunity to see grace. I have robbed someone of seeing Christ. That very moment could have been important for her and I failed. Yes I can repent and move on. Perhaps call back and hope to speak to the same woman without a name.

Now, also, I must go through the fire again until the master sees His face in my response. Amen!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doing to others

No surrender to fear

Guard your heart