Saturday 29 July 2017

Don't Be Troubled


“Your heart must not be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in Me.
John 14:1 HCSB

In John 13 and 14 Jesus is talking to His disciples about His going away. They do not understand and are troubled. They remind me of little children who cannot grasp that grandpa must go into hospital when he looks fine to them. I remember this myself when I was around 6. My most favourite person in all the world was packing a suitcase and telling me he had to go a long way away because He had a problem with His heart. Like the disciples I pleaded with Cecil (he was a step-grandfather) to not go because I knew he would not return. Unfortunately he did not.

However, the disciples have their Lord before them. One who they had planned ruling with. Here He is telling them He must go away. Not only go away but be killed on a cross.

I so know their grief and lack of understanding. Yet the disciples had to face this time as it was a part of the plan. If Jesus did not die and rise again He would have failed to redeem us who come after. If He had come just to rule and reign I would have been left in my sins.

There are many things we do not understand and like the disciples we must step into trust. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment