Monday 17 July 2017

Without Christ

The one who lives with integrity is righteous; his children who come after him will be happy.
Proverbs 20:7 HCSB
What is integrity? The dictionary lists all sorts of noble attributes. However, when I look at the list I know I cannot, in myself, be all those things, I need help. Paul the apostle came to the same conclusion in Romans. He said: So I discover this principle: When I want to do what is good, evil is with me. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this dying body?
Romans 7:21‭, ‬24 HCSB

Therefore, the conclusion for me is: if I want integrity I must walk in the Spirit: because the Spirit’s law of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.
Romans 8:2 HCSB

Without the Holy Spirit I am carnal and nasty. I need redemption. I know this and must not deceive myself into thinking I am good, without Christ. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment