Monday 18 September 2017

A Crown of Life


A man who endures trials is blessed, because when he passes the test he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love Him.
James 1:12 HCSB

Have you had trials that have left you exhausted, feeling wrung out, feeling stomped into the ground? You probably have had a trial. What did you do? Get depressed and eat Ice cream or curl up in a ball and wish to die? Or did you praise your way out?

We see both such responses in the bible: the prophet Elijah, after he had called down fire from heaven to consume an offering covered with water, in defiance of a royal couple sold out to Satan and a country full of idol worshippers. Elijah then ran when he heard Jezebel, the queen was after him and lay down to die. God did not let him die but sent ravens to feed him. On the other hand we see David, destined to be king, living in Palestine because King Saul was after him, and feigning faithfulness to the Palestinian king. He returns from battle one day to find all his family and the families of His men, taken as captives. He is already exhausted but strengthens himself in the Lord and goes in pursuit even though his men are thinking of stoning him.

So, you see, we are in good company. We need to hold on. The Lord gave me a dream in 1995 that has kept me through all the hard times. In the dream I finish the trial and hear Him say: "Well done Dianne you are a woman of faith!" Having a dream calls me forward even though my knees are weak, my head hurts and I am so tired. I never know when the trial will finish, but I know a crown of life awaits me. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment