Thursday 7 September 2017

Enjoying God


I have asked one thing from the Lord ; it is what I desire: to dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, gazing on the beauty of the Lord and seeking Him in His temple.
Psalms 27:4 HCSB

What one thing would you ask of the Lord? Deliverance from an addiction, deliverance from trouble, deliverance from enemies, safety in a new land? Would you seek abundance, provision? David was on the run and had been promised kingship but asked a strange request in the light of these troubles, don't you think? 'To dwell in the house of the Lord forever, gazing on God's beauty!'

Jesus told His disciples to abide in the vine. If I am abiding in the vine I am filled with His lifeblood, His presence and in fact surrounded with His beauty. I am learning to abide, no matter what. I am surrounded by challenges, yet am seated having a feast in the face of my enemy. My God is allowing me to feast on learning. I have realised I have, for the longest time, been in a hurry. I have not allowed myself time to enjoy the journey and been pushed by circumstances.

I have reached a point in my Advanced Diploma where I need to learn Excel and I am actually taking time to learn the basics so that I can produce a good report. As I study I am amazed at the minds that produced such a programme. I am in awe of the God who gave them breath. How clever! How magnificent is my God!

No amount of struggle to be further along will get me further. If I am caught in a flow, I am caught by God and in Him so must remain. Enjoying the journey is important. Both good and bad can be used by God. Let go and let God rule! Amen! Enjoy His beauty and presence! Enjoy the feast!


No comments:

Post a Comment