Saturday 14 October 2017

Endurance and Trials

A man who endures trials is blessed, because when he passes the test he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love Him.
James 1:12 HCSB

Trials come is all sorts of different shapes and sizes. What do they look like? Each of us has a weakness eg fear, anger, judgementalism. Each of us will be drawn into a trial that tests us. How will I stand? Will I yield to my weakness or submit it to God and trust Him for the outcome?

The weaknesses we carry draw us into the trial, God allows it because He wants us to grow up and mature. As a parent and grandparent I have seen this many times, I may not be as aware of my own but they are the same nonetheless. As a grandparent I do not orchestrate the trial, I watch it happen. I can help in the lesson but do not cause it. Just the same God is there ready to help.

If we do turn to Him and ask for help He is delighted. More so when He sees us overcome. Today I did the A21 walk for Freedom. There was a lady in the group who I knew had bad knees and struggled to walk. I knew she would be challenged. After the walk I asked her how she was. She said: "Wrecked, but you know what? I almost quit but decided to keep going! I made it!" I am proud of my friend.

Perspective is important! Pull back from the fray, quit ranting, take a breath and pray and wait. You will be amazed at the difference. Hey! You might just overcome!


No comments:

Post a Comment