Sunday 29 October 2017

He is Near


The Lord is near the brokenhearted; He saves those crushed in spirit.
Psalms 34:18 HCSB

Isaiah prophesied about Jesus:

He will not break a bruised reed, and He will not put out a smoldering wick; He will faithfully bring justice.
Isaiah 42:3 HCSB

In my most painful time he has been there. Although crushed in spirit and wounded in heart He has been the balm for my soul. When we are sick we know we must go to the doctor when crushed we must go to Jesus, He is our succor.

Jesus Himself said:

“Come to Me, all of you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. All of you, take up My yoke and learn from Me, because I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for yourselves. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”
Matthew 11:28‭-‬30 HCSB

If we read the first 4 books, the gospels, we discover Him. He is beautiful to behold. He beckons us "Come!" Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment