Friday 20 October 2017

Healing Tongues


The tongue that heals is a tree of life, but a devious tongue breaks the spirit.
Proverbs 15:4 HCSB

The role of the Christian is that of a restorer. A tongue that heals will go a long way with this profile. Consideration, kindness and gentleness are a part of restoration.

Do you get annoying phone calls from little Indian men, from call centres in India? I do! Today, at not such a good time one called and I was inclined to be annoyed. I determined to be civil and discovered he had a ligitimate reason to call.

I often wonder why they always seem to call at the wrong time. Is the Holy Spirit trying to say something? "Be kind to all men!" Probably! This is a hard one for me as I am usually tired or busy when they call. God have mercy!

Just think! These little people, just like me, have their own burdens that I know nothing of, which would probably crush me, yet valiantly they soldier on.

No comments:

Post a Comment