Tuesday 3 October 2017

Restraining Words

The intelligent person restrains his words, and one who keeps a cool head is a man of understanding. Even a fool is considered wise when he keeps silent, discerning when he seals his lips.
Proverbs 17:27‭-‬28 HCSB

This scripture brings a challenge: Do you want to be intelligent? Or considered intelligent? Then don't gossip! A fool flies into a rage and says too much.

I am not always successful at this. If another starts a matter I am inclined not to join in but at times I have found myself starting a matter, to my shame.

Why do we gossip to judge? We become angry and offended and do not resolve the matter. Better to resolve the matter. Resolution does not always come by confronting the person but by confronting ourselves and going to God for help. A bitter heart is not good. I saw a man die with a bitter heart. I did not recognise him, the evil spirit had taken over.

If a fool can be considered wise by keeping his own opinions quiet surely a person who seeks truth and wisdom will do more. Gossip separates friends love conceals a matter.

In Australia there is a lot of opinion around Donald Trump. Most of the opinion is fueled by the media who are a bunch of mockers. As I do not know the man personally I have to pray and trust God for Him. His decisions affect our country, especially his handling of Kim Jong Un, the leader of North Korea, who happens to be closer to us than America.


We can have opinions about government and leaders which are disrespectful and rude. The social media platforms give fools plenty of room to look foolish. I think the key is to keep attitude out and heart in. What would Jesus do? Keep the heat out!

No comments:

Post a Comment