Monday 16 October 2017

The Return


Even if your exiles are at the ends of the earth, He will gather you and bring you back from there. The Lord your God will bring you into the land your fathers possessed, and you will take possession of it. He will cause you to prosper and multiply you more than He did your fathers.
Deuteronomy 30:4‭-‬5 HCSB

This is a picture of restoration. We see this played out in the nation of Israel. Yet restoration is promised to the Christian. Jesus restored lives, healed hearts, gave hope and a new beginning. Salvation does this.
We are brought home to our heavenly Father, grafted into the vine and made a part of a new family.

Today I took my mother on a 305km round road trip to our old home town where relatives and friends gathered to bury my great aunt 'Pixie' Galvin. She almost lived to 90. As I looked around at all my relatives present I was aware that I belonged to a large family.

Yet my heavenly family is much larger and covers many different races and foreign speaking individuals, who all love their God and have accepted Jesus Christ as their saviour and Lord. One day I will see them all, just as I did today but under different circumstances. This time it will be for the party to end all parties. Our Lord will sit down with us to a heavenly supper and enjoy us coming home. What a day!

This family, the ones who have gone before watch us as we are in a race for the prize, the crown of life. Many who watch have given their lives for the truth. We cannot fail them as they want to embrace us and welcome us home. Stay focussed and keep your eyes on Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith! Amen!

Just as my aunt went to meet those who have gone before, each of us will have such a time. Let it be triumphant! Amen!





No comments:

Post a Comment