Thursday 9 November 2017

A New Commandment

“I give you a new command: Love one another. Just as I have loved you, you must also love one another. By this all people will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”
John 13:34‭-‬35 HCSB

Before Jesus law governed. Now love and grace came into play. What a difference! I imagine the struggle going on inside the listeners: "but, but! What about the law?" " How can you love your enemies?" "How can I love someone I am taking to court?"

Today we are told love must allow the obscene. A total opposite again! We must take the counsel of all scripture before making a judgement. Should love compromise standards given by Christ? What does the New Testament teach us about such things?

The world would definitely be a better place with God's love in action. What would Jesus do? He would love more out of a free heart uncluttered by sin and dysfunction. He brought wholeness into the world. He was salt and light. This is what we are to be. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment