Saturday 16 December 2017

Quick to Listen


My dearly loved brothers, understand this: Everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak, and slow to anger, for man’s anger does not accomplish God’s righteousness.
James 1:19‭-‬20 HCSB


How can I be quick to hear? What does that mean? If I am quick to hear, my ears will be trained to listen for what is really being said and what is not said. What is going on in the speakers life? What is their concern?

As someone who carries the HOLY Spirit, I am a carrier of peace and answers. This same HOLY Spirit wants to reach out to the speaker. He has all they need and we are privileged to carry Him around.

If I am slow to speak and quick to listen, then I will definitely hear more. If I am slow to speak then I will probably not get angry as often. It is important we hear what God hears. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment