Tuesday 26 December 2017

Surfing Fear


Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be afraid, for I am your God. I will strengthen you; I will help you; I will hold on to you with My righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10 HCSB

Various craft have to pass the test in storms. There are pilots that fly into the eye of storms to assess the storm. There are actually folk who chase tornados. Crazy folk! Wild adventuring folk! Our God is one such being. He is to be found in all things that life throws at us yet He walks on the water in the midst of the storm and beckons us come.

The apostle Peter was brave enough to get out of the boat but displayed what a lot of us do, He looked at the waves and panicked. Panicking causes us to sink.

Just think with me for a while, what would it be like to be a storm chaser, a storm rider? How thrilling that would be! Our God has always promised to be there for us. What does that look like? Awesome!

Let's step out of comfort and what we know and chase after Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment