Monday 29 January 2018

Don't Be Troubled


“Your heart must not be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in Me.
John 14:1 HCSB

When stress mounts we are troubled. However our God is comforting us and saying: " I have this!" I have many stressful times and now, in the midst of Uni study, is one of them. The amount of work to accomplish in a little time is overwhelming. However, this morning as I awoke God reminded me of a time long ago when I was facing stress at this level for the second time, the first was my high school finals: I was 20 and studying for my final nursing exam. I was working and studying at the same time and having to cover three years work and study for one exam. The Lord reminded me that He brought me through that and He will bring me through this, one step at a time.

In John 14 Jesus was telling the disciples He must die on the cross and soon leave them. Thomas was struggling emotionally with the news and wanting more detail.

When we struggle emotionally we want to know: how, when and why. Jesus was telling them how and why and it was scary. The when, well it was sometime soon.

Yet Jesus was saying: "Don't be troubled!" How can we do that? For me it involves: not talking up the bigness of the problem, controlling my thoughts, eliminating all distractions and one step at a time. I have to trust God as I have nowhere else to go. A good place to be. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment