Sunday 14 January 2018

Restoring Wrongdoers


Brothers, if someone is caught in any wrongdoing, you who are spiritual should restore such a person with a gentle spirit, watching out for yourselves so you also won’t be tempted. Carry one another’s burdens; in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. For if anyone considers himself to be something when he is nothing, he deceives himself.
Galatians 6:1‭-‬3 HCSB

I don't see this much. It is more: if anyone is caught in wrongdoing crucify them. Our world's system is not so tolerant, should it dislike you. If it likes you, you may escape for a while until someone they like better dislikes you and is determined to pull you down.

In the church the above scripture should apply. Can I forgive and give grace? I must remember if I forgive and give grace I am sowing into how I want to be treated.

I follow Kris Valloten from Bethel on Facebook. He is judged constantly for what he says. Bethel church is judged and maligned constantly. Why is this? I had a friend send me such a post and I refuted it. I said:" I listen to podcasts from Bethel weekly and follow them on Facebook and this article is a lie!"

Hillsong is Australia has been maligned because of someone who was upset, on several occasions. Why? Someone was offended, perhaps jealous, perhaps didn't like their music. However, I know Pastor Brian Houston is a godly man, so is Pastor Bill Johnston from Bethel.

Our job is not to malign what we do not understand but pray and trust God. He is still God. He does not need my help being judge but rather being compassionate. If wrong is done we meed to restore the wrong doers in love. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment