Thursday 4 January 2018

Taking Refuge With Joy


But let all who take refuge in You rejoice; let them shout for joy forever. May You shelter them, and may those who love Your name boast about You.
Psalms 5:11 HCSB

As I read the Psalms I see that at times things were tough, there would be lament and complaint but then the psalm would turn to rejoicing or praise. The Psalmists knew what we Christians should know: life is tough sometimes but God is still good.

Selfishness in me would rail at God with the 'why me?' But hey, seriously, I know the answer. God is creating character in me.

In The Crown Series, it was interesting to see that Princess Margaret accused her sister, the queen, of having no character and claiming it all for herself. This was wrong! The Queen has a very strong, moral character.
Unfortunately Princess Margaret was confusing character with personality. Personality the Queen did not display, she yielded that to the higher cause.

Even personality must be trained by God so that true character, that reflects Him, is evident.

As I walk as one belonging to the Lord I get to know Him and know I can run to Him to hide. He cares for me and as I believe in faith He will work all things for my good, He does.

No comments:

Post a Comment