Friday 9 February 2018

Jesus is the Door

So Jesus said again, “I assure you: I am the door of the sheep.
John 10:7 HCSB

How safe am I as I trust my Lord to be the point of entry into eternal life. He is to be trusted. He also said He was the Way, the Truth and the Life. I don't need to follow a guru or read star charts to discover who I am and what my life is about. I am on the ride of my life with the creator of the universe.

What an exciting concept: Jesus, the Son of God is the door to eternity. Imagine entering through Him, how does it work? By faith. Take a leap and see.

I once watched a movie called Kate and Leopold in which a scientist worked out that there was a hole in time on a certain day and in a certain place. To get there he had to climb up on a prominent bridge and jump into space and instead of falling into the water he landed in a time, a hundred years prior. It was quite an exciting story none the less. He ended up bringing back a man from that time who struggled to be in our time.

The step into the Spirit is a lot less dramatic but more profound. What is God saying and doing right now? What is He doing behind the scenes? Why not go there and find out! Go on have an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment