Friday 23 February 2018

Where is Your Focus?


But have nothing to do with irreverent and silly myths. Rather, train yourself in godliness, for the training of the body has a limited benefit, but godliness is beneficial in every way, since it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come. This saying is trustworthy and deserves full acceptance. In fact, we labor and strive for this, because we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of everyone, especially of those who believe.
1 Timothy 4:7‭-‬10 HCSB

Paul was right. In the last days we are awash with advice on what not to eat and the exercises we should do. None of which give any time to training in godliness. Whilst I believe in eating right and staying fit, I more value my spiritual fitness as this is what has sustained me through many a dark day.

Yesterday I was blessed to have a Christian in Nepal post photos I had not seen before of me ministering to lovely little people there. It brought back the love I have for these people and my longing for them. I had one dear young man write to me. He calls me grandma, which I am. I began to pray for him. His heart is very soft to Jesus. The whole episode brought me to tears as I am currently unable to go there as I am committed to study so that I will be allowed to go there in greater capacity.

Whilst not eating certain things is good, much more is self control. Steve Furtick says he must restrict the hours he eats or he would eat too much. God has trained me in what I don't need to eat. Fasting tends to strengthen self-control. Daily walking in my neighbourhood brings me in contact with my neighbour's. Yesterday I was able to pray for one who's husband is in hospital. She was distressed and I prayed for peace.

Let us focus on heavenly things and not things of this earth. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment