Wednesday 7 March 2018

This One Thing


I have asked one thing from the Lord ; it is what I desire: to dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, gazing on the beauty of the Lord and seeking Him in His temple. For He will conceal me in His shelter in the day of adversity; He will hide me under the cover of His tent; He will set me high on a rock.
Psalms 27:4‭-‬5 HCSB

My God is my rock and fortress. As I seek Him and His comfort I find His hiding place. He is good! Though I disappoint myself and I fail, He does not fail.

Yesterday I went to visit relatives I had never met and found them ill and dying. I had prayed before I went for God to use me, yet I struggled to find opportunity. When we were leaving I told them both I would be praying for them and I have been yet I wanted to do more. Before I left to meet them I had a client call in tears, his daughter was dying. I also told him I would pray, and I did. I want to do more.

When I was with my relatives I wondered if in general conversation that we use to introduce our lives could we lay a foundation for God rather than waste time on our stories? I want God's power to be free to move. I seek that. Today we visit another elderly man who is ill and does not know Christ. I want him to find Christ. Lord have mercy!

No comments:

Post a Comment