Wednesday 25 April 2018

A New Place

Be strong and courageous; don’t be terrified or afraid of them. For it is the Lord your God who goes with you; He will not leave you or forsake you.”
Deuteronomy 31:6 HCSB

This verse was spoken to the children of Israel by Moses. Moses was now 120 and had handed the leadership to Joshua. After 80 years in the desert they were now entering the promised land, the land of their inheritance.

For 80 years God had gone before these people: a pillar of cloud by day and fire by night. Now things were changing. They were going to have to trust that God was with them.

We have to trust God when He says He is with us. God gives us His word but depending on our experience with adults growing up, we may struggle or find it easy. I have struggled. This week I entered another level. It looked like God had taken me into a new place and left me there to die. Looks can be deceiving. He has shown Himself to me in a new way. He is still faithful!

The key for me has been not to speak out the fear of the new place but to trust and keep going. He came through in a way I can say was unbelievable. HE is still here and still in control
Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment