Tuesday 24 April 2018

Dearly Prized


For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He [even] gave up His only begotten (unique) Son, so that whoever believes in (trusts in, clings to, relies on) Him shall not perish (come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal (everlasting) life.
John 3:16 AMPC

Sorry folks! I happen to like the Amplified version as it begs me to dig deeper and not gloss over the words. Today as I read comparison versions this jumped out at me, especially the Amplified interpretation of 'believes in.'

'Clings to' sticks out. I spend most of my time here, clinging on for dear life. As the Lord insists on taking me to high places, and as I am not experienced in those high places, i am like a backpack to Him.

I am walking through scary places right now. It is as if I am walking through molten lava fields with lava either side of the path popping and gurgling. I supply the scary music.

My God sends the right person at the right time. I am cared for and I am grateful.

This scripture carries a promise to me: I will not come to destruction as I trust in Him. I am dearly prized! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment