Sunday 15 April 2018

Prophesy


Then King David went in, sat in the Lord ’s presence, and said, Who am I, Lord God , and what is my house that You have brought me this far?
2 Samuel 7:18 HCSB

God, through the prophet Nathan, had just told David He would bless him and his descendants. David is overawed. Why would God have chosen the youngest son of his family and mark him to be king on Saul's demise.

When God gives us a prophesy, we can well feel the same. I know that when I have received a prophesy it has gone to my innermost being. It was a secret blessing. It was just for me.

Some of these prophesies I have carried in my heart for many years and during difficult times they have encouraged me.

Never let go of a prophesy. As we see in the Old Testament, some prophesies took many years to come to pass. God is not slow in His timing, only in ours. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment