Wednesday 4 April 2018

Testing Hearts


A crucible for silver, and a smelter for gold, and the Lord is the tester of hearts.
Proverbs 17:3 HCSB

The Lord constantly tests my ability to handle difficult people and situations. This shows me He is looking for something. My belief that all is ok even when it does not look ok. When He whispets: " You have all you need", I know to another human, I do not. Yet He wants to show me how to navigate my small ship through treacherous waters that are shark infested. All the while I will receive calls from salesmen claiming to be who they are not. God is looking for His Son in me.

I see Jesus saying to Peter: " go catch a fish and in its mouth will be a gold coin. Use that coin to pay our taxes." Obviously a debt was due and Peter knew they did not have the funds at that time.

There are times when payments are due and funds are not in. God provides. We cannot become annoyed that we must sail through treacherous waters, we cannot stomp our feet and demand a bed of roses. He has it covered. It may not look like it, but it is.

Rejoice! God is all you need!

No comments:

Post a Comment