Sunday 16 September 2018

He Took Hold


He reached down from heaven and took hold of me; He pulled me out of deep waters. He rescued me from my powerful enemy and from those who hated me, for they were too strong for me. They confronted me in the day of my distress, but the Lord was my support. He brought me out to a spacious place; He rescued me because He delighted in me. God — His way is perfect; the word of the Lord is pure. He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him.
Psalms 18:16‭-‬19‭, ‬30 HCSB

I love the images David created in this psalm. He wrote this psalm on the day the lord delivered him from king Saul. When we experience a God-rescue or deliverance we should sing our own song. Many of us go through deep waters, through very trying times and when God shows up the scene changes.

Each of us has an enemy and he drives many fleshly enemies to rise up against us but our God is their adversary and He lifts Himself up in our defence.

'In my Father's house there is a place for me, I'm a child of God yes I am!'(song). I must continually remind myself, my daddy cares for me and goes before me. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment