Thursday 13 September 2018

Looking Above


So if you’re serious about living this new resurrection life with Christ, act like it. Pursue the things over which Christ presides. Don’t shuffle along, eyes to the ground, absorbed with the things right in front of you. Look up, and be alert to what is going on around Christ—that’s where the action is. See things from his perspective.
Colossians 3:1‭-‬2 MSG

Pursuing things over which Christ presides, what does that look like? Well, He is king and has a kingdom and wants any who will come to enter in. If we approach life with Him in the focus we will win souls, bring healing to the sick and build bridges.

Those without hope shuffle alone, eyes cast down. All over the world we have homeless people who have lost hope. They have their eyes cast down and see themselves cast out from society.

What is Jesus doing? What are His movements? Where is He going?

If I live with a heart to the kingdom of God, then He is my focus, His work is my delight, His heart is my heart, His thoughts my thoughts, His purposes my purposes. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment