Tuesday 18 September 2018

Tough Love


Better an open reprimand than concealed love. The wounds of a friend are trustworthy, but the kisses of an enemy are excessive.
Proverbs 27:5‭-‬6 HCSB

Love needs to be expressed. Many experience reprimands but not love. My dad was the disciplinarian but rarely the lover. My mum was the workhorse (she had six children) not often the lover. Raising my two children I tried to be a loving mum and a good disciplinarian. By today's standards I was tough but loving. My children were made aware that they were disciplined for bad behaviour but I still loved them.

I endeavour to be a good friend and confront my friends lovingly and if I can't wait until I can. Friends can be annoying, so can I. We need to be open and honest with each other and not gloss over upsets and offence. At times we need to deal with ourselves first as we are being too sensitive.

I always distrust excessive favour and wait to see the motive, the personality and the reality. No one but God loves me excessively and He loves me consistently. He does not mistreat me but cares for me.

I would hate to be a star. Too many people either gushing or condemning, neither reliable but fleshly. I pray for Christian stars that God would protect them. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment