Friday 12 October 2018

Committed to Build


Then David praised the Lord in the sight of all the assembly. David said, May You be praised, Lord God of our father Israel, from eternity to eternity. Yours, Lord , is the greatness and the power and the glory and the splendor and the majesty, for everything in the heavens and on earth belongs to You. Yours, Lord , is the kingdom, and You are exalted as head over all. Riches and honor come from You, and You are the ruler of everything. Power and might are in Your hand, and it is in Your hand to make great and to give strength to all. Now therefore, our God, we give You thanks and praise Your glorious name.
1 Chronicles 29:10‭-‬13 HCSB

King David had set aside a portion of his wealth for the building of Gods temple, in his words: "because of my delight in the house of my God." David had wanted to build Gods house but God said, "No! Your son Solomon will build it." This did not stop David from contributing His wealth to the build.

David gave: So to the best of my ability I’ve made provision for the house of my God: gold for the gold articles, silver for the silver, bronze for the bronze, iron for the iron, and wood for the wood, as well as onyx, stones for mounting, antimony, stones of various colors, all kinds of precious stones, and a great quantity of marble. Moreover, because of my delight in the house of my God, I now give my personal treasures of gold and silver for the house of my God over and above all that I’ve provided for the holy house: 100 tons of gold (gold of Ophir ) and 250 tons of refined silver for overlaying the walls of the buildings, the gold for the gold work and the silver for the silver, for all the work to be done by the craftsmen. Now who will volunteer to consecrate himself to the Lord today? ”
1 Chronicles 29:2‭-‬5 HCSB

You could say David delighted in the house of his God! What a commitment! The house of God was David's delight, above all that he had, more than all his wives, more than anything, the house was his commitment.

I am compelled to admire this man. What is my commitment to? What is yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment