Friday 23 November 2018

A United Mind

Now may the God who gives endurance and encouragement allow you to live in harmony with one another, according to the command of Christ Jesus, so that you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ with a united mind and voice.
Romans 15:5‭-‬6 HCSB

What is unity? It is when I seek to love you as Christ loves you, first, before my opinion or my cause. I lay down my life for you. It does not mean I support or allow you to misbehave badly. It means I love you as you need to be loved. At times this will mean I confront you so that we can have unity of purpose.

If I have judgement, criticism or resentment, I need to lay these down and worship the Lord in truth and holiness. When I seek Him first and all His righteousness then I will have a hope of unity. Self-righteousness does not work in the kingdom of God. My face is not down in this instance it is up in pride.

Neither of us can misbehave badly and see the kingdom of God, or unity for that matter. Abiding in Christ and laying down our lives for others is the right stance. Leading in a spirit of gentleness is the right path. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment