Monday 26 November 2018

Faithful


For God is sheer beauty, all-generous in love, loyal always and ever.
Psalm 100:5 MSG

Gods love never fails. We might fail but He is there, ready to pick us up again.

I am in a village in Gorkha in Nepal. I am sleeping on the church floor and it is cold. Yesterday I travelled by 2 buses and a jeep to get here. This place is remote and the epicentre of the 2015 earth quake. Last year when I came the people were telling me they wanted many things to make their lives comfortable. I was unable to give any of these. However I saw healings and I encouraged a young girl to go to bible school. She is currently doing this.

Last night I taught a song to the people. I had organized a translation but the people wanted English. The son of the pastor showed an interest in my guitar and I encouraged him to follow the path of learning to play. He was a lovely young man.

God is faithful as I watch how the people have worked together to obtain some of the things they need for their church. Since I have been here they have begun a building and a new toilet. Praise God!

I encouraged the people to believe that each one of them had a ministry to fulfill. I prayed for the sick and let them go home. Personally I am battling a head cold but determined to see God move.

May I also be faithful as my God is faithful. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment