Monday 12 November 2018

Gaius' Blessing


From the church leader. To my dear friend Gaius. I love you because we follow the truth, dear friend, and I pray all goes well for you. I hope you are as strong in body, as I know you are in spirit.
3 John 1:1‭-‬2 CEVDC

We have, in Christendom used verse 2 and applied to ourselves, yet it was a part of a greeting from Paul to a man named Gaius who, like Paul, walked in truth.

This is a letter to a trusted friend. I have such friends and I can endorse Paul's prayer that they also would prosper as their soul prospered.

If we name Jesus as our saviour but refuse him lordship because we have taken that position, we might expect such a blessing but in reality it may not come. Jesus is not a genie and cannot be manipulated or controlled. He is master and Lord.

We must heed his words when He said:Why do you keep on saying that I am your Lord, when you refuse to do what I say?
Luke 6:46

Jesus is not fooled. We must listen and obey. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment