Monday 5 November 2018

The Product of Endurance


Consider it a great joy, my brothers, whenever you experience various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. But endurance must do its complete work, so that you may be mature and complete, lacking nothing.
James 1:2‭-‬4 HCSB

Endurance produces something, maturity and completeness.

There is a purpose of endurance, it is for my benefit. God is working a completeness in me, so that I lack nothing. What a good place to be.

Today I had a test. I knew I was to come to Nepal and I believed it was to do a work of ministry. However, my friend, who did not aspire to ministry was asked to preach, not me. For someone like me who lives to preach and longs to preach, this was hard and reminded me of the inequity I have experienced in business these past 15 years. Men are given preferential treatment and women must work twice as hard to receive respect.

It turns out that God wanted my friend to preach, the word he brought was to the mark and I could recognize that and applaud him. Who knows what God wants for my friend, but God Himself.

I have been asked to preach tomorrow and now I want what God wants. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment