Thursday 31 January 2019

Make Your Home in Me

“Live in me. Make your home in me just as I do in you. In the same way that a branch can’t bear grapes by itself but only by being joined to the vine, you can’t bear fruit unless you are joined with me.
John 15:4 MSG

You know how you talk to someone who hasn't quite caught a freeing truth, you lovingly nudge them along. Well..Jesus is doing this here. When He says: "make your home in Me, just as I do in you..: he is basically saying: "I am already doing this abiding, why not join me?"

The beautiful thing is, He is already abiding in us. He's there! He does not need any further invitation. When we pray: "Jesus come into my heart." He is there in a flash. It is us who have all the junk in the way (much like an attic).

We are invited to join the party. This is a restful place, not a busy place, much like a tree change or sea change. And better still..this is a relationship! The very best relationship. Enjoy! Out of the relationship comes fruit. Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment