Saturday 16 February 2019

Pour It Out

Open up before God , keep nothing back; he’ll do whatever needs to be done: He’ll validate your life in the clear light of day and stamp you with approval at high noon.
Psalm 37:5‭-‬6 MSG

Today I found myself crying before the Lord. This morning I had shocking news of a friend's death. This man I knew through the astronomy club I belong to. Stu was not old or unwell, that I knew. However while playing tennis he collapsed and was taken to hospital only to die there. I had only last year made Stu a friend on Facebook and he had to endure my gospel messages. This morning I had to ask myself: "Did I do enough?" Will I see Stuart in glory? To my knowledge Stu did not know Jesus. However, what happened in the time before death?

We are all in shock and my grief is not knowing where Stuart is in eternity. This morning our club had to run a BBQ at a local Bunnings store as a fund raiser. It was the last thing any of us wanted to do. I talked to the two men who were there about eternity. I came away with a prayer for more boldness.

I don't want to lose any who God has given me to a lost eternity. Have mercy Lord! Thank You that You hear my prayer for boldness. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment