Friday 3 May 2019

Be Cheerful

Be cheerful no matter what; pray all the time; thank God no matter what happens. This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live. 1 Thessalonians 5:16‭-‬18 MSG

Our circumstances, at times, attempt to rob us of our cheer or determination to worship and praise.

In Psalm 52 David says:
I will praise you forever for what you have done. In the presence of your faithful people, I will put my hope in your name, for it is good.

David had his share of difficulties: he was chased by a mad king for years; his wife was given to another man; one of his children died in infancy because of his sin; one of his sons tried to usurp his throne and again David had to flee, one of his sons rapes one of his daughters. Yet he determined to praise God.

Our trials can prove us and refine us as gold or destroy us. We must choose. Diamonds come from charcoal. We can choose, if we do nothing we have chosen.

Yet will I praise Him for He is worthy and in my praise and worship I find Him. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment