Sunday 5 May 2019

Godly Virture

Do not lack diligence; be fervent in spirit; serve the Lord. Rejoice in hope; be patient in affliction; be persistent in prayer. Share with the saints in their needs; pursue hospitality. Romans 12:11‭-‬13 HCSB

Be all in or get out! There is no halfway! Have you heard this saying? I am sure I would not last long on a football team if my game was halfhearted. A marriage does not last when a couple are not fully committed.

As a Christian I must be all there or not there at all. In the book of Revelation we see what Jesus had to say about the lukewarm:
Be either hot or cold, but because you are lukewarm I will spew you out of my mouth. Revelation 3:15-17

If I am all in then I am diligent, fervent, forgiving, patient, persistent and rejoicing. I can only be these as I rely on the Holy Spirit, who fills me. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment