Monday 27 May 2019

Remember

I will remember the Lord ’s works; yes, I will remember Your ancient wonders. Psalms 77:11 HCSB

I am reading through the bible in a year and seeing all of God's wonders in both Old and New Testaments. This is about the third time I have done this. The process shows me the thread of Jesus through the whole bible.

However, on Saturday I had to prepare for an event yesterday and had to go through some of my own history. There are times this is good as well. It reminds you where you were on certain dates and what God was doing in your life.

We had the official opening of the new Skate Park, which I had pioneered, yesterday. As I looked back in my notes I had become interested in the people at the park in 2015. The memories came back of the love that drove me. When I visited the new park yesterday I met many of the original users and the love for them flooded back. I found myself awake at midnight to two a.m. filled with love for these people and praying for their salvation.

Memories are changed by God as well. My childhood memories and filled with love and joy now. They weren't always. As a child I was isolated and unable to connect with people. God has rewritten the script for me. My longing was for Him and having found Him He has gone back in time and made all things new.

Most of my adult memories are made new as well. How good is God. As we allow Him in He cleanses us and makes us whole. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment