Monday 6 May 2019

What Do You Say?

If you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9 HCSB

Today believing and confessing can be two different things. I can say: "I should keep the speed limits!" But in actuality, when it suits me, speed, I am what is called a dichotomy. Both opinions are mutually exclusive.

Why would I behave in opposition to what I say? The reason is: deep down I don't believe it. In the case of speed, I really think I am Lord of my speed. This is foolish as a policeman would assure me I am not and prove it by finding me or jailing me, if my offence is bad.

This example highlights the problem and the truth of the matter. If I say: "Jesus is Lord!" Then in reality I am judged by my actions that display my true heart attitude.

However, if I trurely do believe and confess it, I belong to it and am in fact held by this truth. This truth sets me free and does not bind me. God's truth is like that, it liberates me from all that wishes to destroy me.

How good is this! Thank You Jesus! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment