Unrighteousness

Love finds no joy in unrighteousness but rejoices in the truth.
1 Corinthians 13:6 HCSB

What is unrighteousness? Have you ever thought about this? How about we consider it. While we might say: I don't kill people or rob banks, I pay my taxes, rates and bills. However, what am I saying to friends and family? What do I watch and read? How do I speak about my government? How do I speak about the neighbours?

Are things more important to me than giving to the needy? Do I waste money on what would be considered as luxuries, continually? Do I give the Lord His portion of my wage?

All these 'little' sins are unrighteousness. Do I love to be able to please myself? Am I affronted by preachers talking about sin?

Perhaps I need to have a heart to heart with the Lord and allow Him to finger what displeases Him. Why not?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doing to others

Guard your heart

The Good News