Thursday 23 May 2024

Comforting others

“All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort. He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us.”2 Corinthians‬ ‭1‬:‭3‬-‭4‬ ‭NLT‬‬

This morning I ate something that caused me to be violently ill, on the opinion of a friend who said it still should be ok to eat. My friend was devastated, she felt compelled to keep apologising. However, I said, “I knew better myself and cannot blame you, do not carry guilt around because of this”. I contacted the prayer chain and knew I would be fine. However, I have never been so violently ill. Sweat poured off my body, my intestines worked hard to expel their contents, I burned up, then I froze. I am now fine.

I remember as a child bearing guilt for jumping off the diving board and hitting a girl who had dived deep, rupturing one of her eardrums. Comfort and forgiveness was not given to me by the girl or her parents and it was horrible. Because I know what unforgiveness feels like as a child, I must give forgiveness as an adult.

Today Inlistened to a message by Bill Johnson on praying for those who abuse and misuse you. It convicted me of going the next step in my own life and praying blessing on these people. I want breakthrough in prayer, therefore I will bless. There is a price for grest breakthrough, it is great forgiveness and grace towards others. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment