Monday 20 May 2024

Forgive me!

“God showed how much he loved us by sending his one and only Son into the world so that we might have eternal life through him.”1 John‬ ‭4‬:‭9‬ ‭NLT‬‬

An enemy of love is pride. We can be too proud to apologise, to say “I’m sorry!” “Forgive me for offending you?” However, God, who has every right to be offended, chose instead to make a sacrifice. He sent His Son to tell us how to pray to the father,  to make a way for us to be back in the family again. 

How can I turn on you, be harsh with you, cut you off, complain about you? I do not have that right when God, the greatest being in all the universe, does not behave like that. I choose to forgive you, set you free from my harsh judgement. I choose to pray for you and love you, just as God in Christ forgave me. Please forgive me and one another. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment