Thursday 16 May 2024

Giving freely

“One person gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭11‬:‭24‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Giving can be a smile. I find that is the easiest thing to give and find it is rewarded instantly upon the giving. A smile recognises another person as being in my space and worthy of positive recognition. The next is a namasaskaar(a) (hello in Nepali). Giving financial aid to those God inspires you to help brings His blessing, as does tithing. Praise and worship to Him bring joy, and victory.

We cannot be so preoccupied with our phones or our own thoughts that we ignore others. Being in tune with the Lord and His thoughts is a bountiful field of harvest. Yesterday, I was on a micro bus crammed with other warm bodies. We opened all windows as when the door was shut as the odour arose. I ignored the smell and started with a smile and pretended to conduct the crowd of women before, me as I faced back towards them all. They smiled in return. I thought, “I must learn a few Nepali songs”. I am learning Christian songs and so I hummed one to myself. Those close leaned in.

Last night I went to an evening of Nepali worship, how beautiful it was. Again, we were packed in like sardines. The heat arose. Fortunately a few fans could be operated and I had taken a bottle of water. We had walked to the venue, a 30 minute walk dogging cars, motorbikes and scooters. The walk home was best. Our spirits soared.




No comments:

Post a Comment