Friday 10 May 2024

He guards me

“But the Lord is faithful; he will strengthen you and guard you from the evil one.”2 Thessalonians‬ ‭3‬:‭3‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Today I pressed into God for His encouragement and way of thinking about what I am facing. I went swimming and as I swam I was able to pray and think. I had asked the Lord for a way to think about the challenges facing me. He gave me the best idea and I took them immediately and joy filled my being. I am not going to talk about them as they are our secret tools until the war is won, then I will share them.

As a I walked home I visited a shop and purchased two colouring books. I like to be prepared for little children. Always, I went prepared with my children to church. People marvelled at the self- control they exhibited through three hour long services. They each had a box full of things to occupy them. These boxes only came out on Sunday. However, here in Nepal it is not practical to haul around a box, and so I carry books and pencils, or pens. It works every time. I so enjoy having a reason to communicate to the Nepali people. I like them a lot, in fact I love them.

After coming home I had a Nepali workman come to fix a hinge on a kitchen cupboard. He was delighted to be asked, we were grateful he came. In Australia finding such a handyman is costly and often they reject such a small job. Praise God we have an abundant supply of willing workers here. I pray that they experince the presence of God in our home. Their faces tell me they know it is very different.

My God gives me scripture, preaching messages to listen to and an abundance of worship music. I am not left bereft. I am blessed. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment