Tuesday 21 May 2024

In a dark place

“Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, “I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won’t have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life.”John‬ ‭8‬:‭12‬ ‭NLT‬‬

In the past I have enjoyed Harrison Ford’s movies about the adventurous professor Indiana Jones, who got himself tangled in all sorts of drama. He hated scorpions and spiders and preferred to have a lighted torch when stumbling through caves. I doubt I would go through underground caves without a light of some sort. In Australia we have popular caves, one being the Jenolan Caves. They are as dark as pitch. Unlike a darken sky where at least there are stars, underground there is no light.

Jesus told us we do not need to go through darkness without Him. Not only is He the light but He is also the Way. When we find ourselves in a dark place, calling out to Him brings Him and His presence into focus.

I would not like to be anywhere without Him. I trust His Holy Spirit to guide and comfort me. He is trustworthy. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment