Friday 24 May 2024

Why am I discouraged

“Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again— my Savior and my God!”Psalms‬ ‭42‬:‭11‬ ‭NLT‬‬

This Psalm was written by the sons of Korah, those given charge for worship in the house of God. This Psalm starts with:
“As the deer longs for streams of water, so I long for you, O God. I thirst for God, the living God. When can I go and stand before him?”Psalms‬ ‭42‬:‭1‬-‭2‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Verse 11 is a repeated stanza from verse 5. The writer is struggling with depression because of the taunts of his enemies. We have an enemy who taunts us, accuses us and belittles us. We are faced, minute by minute by an enemy who wishes to destroy us. 

Therefore, just as this psalmist has done, so should we  put out focus and hope on God. Worship and praise establishes our hearts in the right place. It is not a matter of how we feel but how good and great He is. Amen!

“But each day the Lord pours his unfailing love upon me, and through each night I sing his songs, praying to God who gives me life.”Psalms‬ ‭42‬:‭8‬ ‭NLT‬‬


No comments:

Post a Comment