Monday 10 June 2024

Be Ready

““Be dressed for service and keep your lamps burning, as though you were waiting for your master to return from the wedding feast. Then you will be ready to open the door and let him in the moment he arrives and knocks. The servants who are ready and waiting for his return will be rewarded. I tell you the truth, he himself will seat them, put on an apron, and serve them as they sit and eat! He may come in the middle of the night or just before dawn. But whenever he comes, he will reward the servants who are ready.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭12‬:‭35‬-‭38‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Have you ever had suprise visitors, even in the middle of the night? I do not remember having any. However, my flatmates have been very late and I have stayed up for them because I know when I first fall asleep I go into a deep sleep and cannot be awaken. 

In this scripture Jesus is telling us to be ever alert. He is coming soon. As I watch the events unfolding in the Middle East I am aware we are advancing on biblical times. However, I cannot hang up my boots and take my ease. I have work to do. I live as if He is delayed in coming even while expecting Him. For me, He could come and take me home at any time. I want to be found alert and active. Amen

Be ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment