Saturday 8 June 2024

Go with me

“The Lord replied, “I will personally go with you, Moses, and I will give you rest—everything will be fine for you.”Exodus‬ ‭33‬:‭14‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Moses had the whole tribe of Israel with him in the desert. He did not relish the task of being their keeper and knew that unless God went with him he was in trouble. This verse is just a part of Moses’ dialogue with God. It is well worth reading the whole encounter.

After God had promised to go with him, Moses asks to see God’s glory. The Lord told him to stand on a rock and that He would pass by, hiding him with His hand as no one could see God’s face and live. This made me wonder if Moses was seeing God the Father. If so this was amazing.

Today we can encounter God because of the shed blood of Jesus Christ. His blood cleanses is from our sins and makes us acceptable and able to enter into the throne room of God.

As a Christian I have my God’s very presence inside of me, His Holy Spirit. What a difference Jesus makes. I can fellowship with Him any time of the day or night. I can run to Him for His comfort and enjoy joy with Him. As I watch little children here in Nepal play, I am mindful of the joy of knowing my God as a little child. Thank You Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment