Friday 7 June 2024

In peace

“In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, O Lord, will keep me safe.”Psalms‬ ‭4‬:‭8‬ ‭NLT‬‬

We see Jesus practice this in a boat amidst a storm. “Then Jesus got into the boat and started across the lake with his disciples. Suddenly, a fierce storm struck the lake, with waves breaking into the boat. But Jesus was sleeping.”Matthew‬ ‭8‬:‭23‬-‭24‬ ‭NLT‬‬

The disciples were very fearful and woke Jesus saying, “don’t you care, we are perishing” . Jesus responded, “Why are you afraid? You have so little faith!” Then he got up and rebuked the wind and waves, and suddenly there was a great calm.”Matthew‬ ‭8‬:‭26‬ ‭NLT‬‬
We can be in a storm of opposition, rejection and opinions of others but why listen to the rabble. Is jealousy causing them to shout for your blood? Is hatred of the true gospel driving them? Satan constantly sought to destroy Jesus, but Jesus rebuked his storms with “Be still!” He was in charge and He answered to the Father, not to them.
Last night I was asked to share a message at a gathering of Nepali people tomorrow afternoon. I will endeavour to do this in Nepali (with the help of Google Translator). Yesterday I sensed I had found my words. My understanding is breaking through and I can now speak sentences. I remember doing this in Japan after learning Japanese for 12 months. It begins again. Praise God!




No comments:

Post a Comment